POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp without Kinetic : Re: Lamp without Kinetic Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp without Kinetic
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 24 Feb 2005 12:37:25
Message: <421e10d5@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote in message
> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>> Hola,
>>
>> After some input I've reworked the lamp glass .... I like it much better.
>>
>> I used Runes' patina macro for the brass lamp.
>>
>> The table is different and the kinetic toy is gone.
>>
>> Is it me or does focal blur do a better job than AA command line options?
>>
>> Ciao Jim
>>

> What AA options do you use? +AM2 +A0.3 seems to work well, +A0.1 if I want
> higher quality. I usually use +AM1 +A0.3 for quick renders of small width
> and height.

 I used +AM2 +A0.1 -J0.0 for the AA options ....

  aperture 0.35
  blur_samples 200
  variance 1/1000
  confidence 0.99

 for the focal blur (pointed at midpoint of the lamp) ...

> the table looks pretty good. the edges of the wood could use a little
> bevel
> or roundness to them to catch a light highlight. the lamp needs a power
> cord
> :) the last nitpick is that the metal connecting the peices of glass seem
> little too thick.

 good feedback ..... haha I'd already done a difference with the edges of
the table and a cylinder that was
a 3rd the thickness of the tabletop (much better!), and the powercord ....
was checking out another thread related to
stringing cables maybe that'll help. I hadn't really noticed the thickness
with the connector issue .... thanks